[vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”Clinical Dermatology ” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][vc_column_text]
Psoriasis is a long-lasting autoimmune disease which is characterized by patches of abnormal skin
- Lichen Planus
Lichen planus is a fairly common skin rash that is thought to be triggered by the immune system.
Dermatitis, also known as eczema, is a group of diseases that result in inflammation of the skin. They are characterized by itchiness and red skin.
Melasma also known as Chloasma faciei is a tan or dark skin discoloration.The symptoms of melasma are dark, irregular well demarcated hyperpigmented macules to patches commonly found on the upper cheek, nose, lips, upper lip, and forehead. These patches often develop gradually over time.
Vitiligo is a long term skin condition characterized by patches of the skin losing their pigment.The patches of skin affected become white and usually have sharp margins. The hair from the skin may also becomes white. Inside the mouth and nose may also be involved. Typically both sides of the body are affected. Often the patches begin on areas of skin that are exposed to the sun.
- Skin Infections
An infection of the skin caused by bacteria or by a fungus, virus or parasite.
Most common types
- Abscess A confined pocket of pus that collects in tissues, organs or spaces inside the body.
- PimpleRed, tender bumps with white pus at their tips.
- Cellulitis A common and potentially serious bacterial skin infection.
- Warts A small, fleshy bump on the skin or mucous membrane caused by human papillomaviru
- Ringworm (scalp and body)A highly contagious, fungal infection of the skin or scalp.
- Impetigo A highly contagious skin infection that causes red sores on the face.
- Scabies A contagious, intensely itchy skin condition caused by a tiny, burrowing mite.
A condition that causes redness and often small, red, pus-filled bumps on the face.Key symptoms are facial redness with swollen red bumps and small visible blood vessels.
- Hair fall/hair loss
A raised scar after an injury has healed.Keloids aren’t harmful and don’t need treatment. If a person finds them unattractive, a doctor can sometimes minimise the scars.
- Skin rashes
A rash indicates an abnormal change in skin color or texture. Rashes are usually caused by skin inflammation, which can have many causes.
- Nail Diseases
- Skin tumors
Skin tumors are abnormal growths of tissue that can be malignant (cancerous) or benign (harmless). Skin tumors become extremely common as people get older.